Common mistake: underestimate your sleep hygiene
Updated: Jan 27, 2022
You can't out-supplement sleep.
Before spending all your money at the health food store to get a decent sleep, try these.
Sleep is an essential restorative process your body controls automatically.
We know that sleep deprivation negatively affects many different processes such as reproduction, immune function, mood regulation, hormone balance, memory and appetite. If you are not getting enough sleep you are more likely to develop health conditions including diabetes, cancer, depression, high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease.
As a recovering insomniac, I am the first one to say it isn't easy but the health benefits of getting regular, good quality and sufficient sleep are huge.
A good quality sleep is...
Falling asleep easily
Staying asleep all night
Sleeping from 7-9h
Minimum 7h sleep
Waking up refresh
Here are some key habits to improve your quality of sleep
• Sleep in complete darkness
• Minimize your light exposure at night time
• Early morning summer light
• Limit caffeine consumption
• Get to bed early
• Exercise during daylight outdoor
• Create a night-time routine
• Create an ideal environment
• Acupuncture is a great tool to activate the yin in the body and consequently, sleep